Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Experimental Carp Flies

Made this new carp fly today... it's a complete improv fly I tied on a whim.  After looking at some flies on-line (there are lots of carp blogs... check 'em out) I realized I didn't have all the materials readily available for tying those patterns.  But, the tying bug needed an outlet since there's less than desirable weather upon us (seriously, it's waaaay too late in the season for winter weather advisories).  

Anyways, not sure what this thing is… kind of a bonefish fly like a "Crazy Charlie" (not named after Charlie Sheen), combined with a black "Woolly Bugger", combined with a "Zimmerman Backstabber" carp fly.  




After studying the fly further I saw hybrid potential in it (if it wasn't franken-fly enough)... so merged it with a "San Juan Worm" in a "Black Death" color scheme.



Now I just need to get these prototypes on the end of my 8wt. and start beta testing... if it ever warms up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment